Colony Capital, Inc. (NYSE: CLNY) is a leading global investment management firm that manages capital on behalf of its stockholders, as well as institutional and retail investors in private funds, non-traded and traded real estate investment trusts and registered investment companies. The Financial Analyst will focus on supporting our industrial platform, where we acquire, develop and operate industrial properties in major metropolitan markets throughout the U.S. with a focus on light industrial buildings. Colony Capital is headquartered in Los Angeles with over 400 employees in offices located across 19 cities in ten countries. Learn more about Colony Industrial here.
The incumbent will work directly for the CFO and Portfolio Controller supporting senior management. This position will assist in managing corporate operations including operating corporate model, executing debt capital markets transactions, and overseeing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, property dispositions and financing activities.
- Maintain and update corporate model, quarterly schedules and investor presentations
- Prepare financial reporting packages for senior management on a quarterly and annual basis
- Analyze specific financial and operational projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Analyze the financial performance of individual assets and the portfolio
- Maintain and develop models to evaluate deviations of asset and portfolio performance from budget
- Ongoing modeling of fund level sources and uses of cash
- Review and maintain individual asset valuations
- Support financings and refinancings across the portfolio
- Financial modeling and preparation of Investment Committee packages of potential asset dispositions
- Perform special ad-hoc projects, analysis and reporting on a frequent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting or other related field required
- 1-3 years of experience at a leading investment bank, private equity firm, public accounting firm, or working in real estate
- Experience with financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI, DSCR, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, and present value is a plus
- Strong proficiency building and auditing models in Excel (Argus experience a plus)
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage and multitask various ad-hoc projects
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with senior level management within various groups of the company
- Candidate must be trustworthy and treat all information with a high level of confidentiality and possess a proven strong work ethic.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed